On February 17, 2021 The West Michigan Community Help Network Board of Directors unanimously voted to add Louis Churchwell to its Board. Mr. Churchwell brings a wealth of knowledge and will be a tremedous asset to the West Michigan Community Help Network.
Louis Churchwell previously served as the President of the West Michigan Community Network Advisory Board.
Mr. Louis Eric Churchwell
• Louis Churchill has been married to Pharquiette Churchwell for 35 years. • Louis is the father of three biological children and three adopted all went through Muskegon School System
• Louis is Former CEO of West Michigan Therapy held this position 35 years • Louis was the founder of the Transitional living Center (TLC) • Louis initiated the Muskegon Homeless Continue of Care in 1993 • Louis holds two Master’s Degree’s 1) Masters of Science in Professional
Counseling, and the 2nd Masters is in the field of Substance Abuse both were through Grand Canyon University
• Louis is a Master’s Level Clinician and Groups Coordinator with HealthWest • Louis is The Vice President and past President of Muskegon Public School Boars of Education
• Louis is a past President and a current member of the Community Corrections Advisory Board
• Louis is a member of the local Chapter of the NAACP
• Louis is a current board member of 103.7 The Beat and has served on many other boards and committees
Some Notable Awards Received by MR. Churchwell are:
• The Paul Harris Fellow Award presented by the International Rotary Foundation
• The Citizen of the Year Award in 2009-from Theta-Mu Chapter of Omega-Psi Phi Fraternity
• The National Liberty Bell Award in 2010-from the Muskegon Bar Association • The Outstanding Leadership Awards from the African American Institute for Racial Harmony and Social Justice
• Two Time Recipient of The Love & Action Award Presented by Muskegon MCC • Louis is a Minister with Christ Temple Apostolic Church in Muskegon Hts., Mi.